Take a minute to take this quiz and see how well you know
a few well known brands. The answers might surprise you.
1. The name 'LEGO' is an abbreviation of the two Danish words "leg godt", meaning "play well".
2. The company takes its name from Nike, the Greek goddess of victory.
3. The company was originally named Federal Express but all of their customers called them by their nickname, FedEx. The name was officially changed in 1998.
4. The name of the search engine originated from a misspelling of the word "googol", the number 1 followed by 100 zeros
Naming yourself after a Greek Goddess is good but adopting the name your adoring customers gave you is great.
1. Nobody ever got fired for buying IBM
2. Volvo’s slogan is Drive Safely
3. 3M is working on the science of safe and sound.
4. Men Without Hats is best known for their song “Safety Dance”
It’s interesting that of these companies, the one that makes the most dangerous product is best known for safety. The tip? Build your brand into your product story.
A. Coca Cola is classic. Pepsi is for people that think young.
B. Coca Cola opens happiness. Pepsi refreshes your world.
C. Coca Cola is older (since 1886). Pepsi is younger (since 1898).
D. There is no difference.
When your competitor’s product is basically the same as yours, behave differently.
What are your brand’s positive attributes?
Use our Positive Brand Worksheet to find out what makes your brand tick. It’s 100% free and totally illuminating.